August 24, 2013

8 Weeks

Eight weeks ago we started the journey to a healthier lifestyle. I shared the first 4 weeks here.
Now it's been another 4 weeks ! We are still going strong and adding more to our busy schedule.

Here is a quick overview of the first 4 weeks.
  • Out with the pop and fast food, in with the water and fresh food.
  • Deep clean the house
  • Walking 3 miles a night.  

Week 4
This was our anniversary week ! 5 years of marriage was an amazing milestone. With the garage sale money we made, we were able to take a trip to Springfield, IL. We never had a "real" honeymoon, so this was the perfect getaway to somewhere new.
We also started the Couch to 5K program. This program takes you from your couch to running a 5K in 8 weeks ! You only run 3x a week.


Week 5
Week 2 of Couch to 5K.
This program is strengthening our marriage SO MUCH. David could run faster but instead, he stays behind to cheer me on. I think I'm going to join him for a 5K in September !



Week 6
I was battling some spiritual warfare. Started 21-day Made To Crave Bible Reading challenge by Lysa TerKeurst. If you have the Bible App on your phone it comes free !!! Perfect companion to focus your goal and remain in God's word.


Biggest physical obstacle: I ran for 3 whole minutes. I also learned a breathing technique to help with stamina and decrease the pain in my right hip. Inhale for 3 steps and exhale for 2 steps. Works perfect and no pain !

Week 7
At the start of this week we had completed Week 3 of Couch to 5K and have started Week 4. Just when I thought I had reached my peak, Week 4 of C25K contained running for 3 min, 5min, 3min, 5min.  I finished each set, not fast, but I finished.

Week 8
This week was crazy full !
We started school this week and started using the treadmills in the schools workout room. 
We finished up Week 4 and started Week 5 of C25K. I am so proud of myself ! Week 5 changes each day. I have been running for 8 minutes at a time !


It feels so good to look at the progress I have made.
Now that we are in school, we eat at the cafeteria for lunches. We find ourselves eating healthier by desire instead of by force.

Going back to school this week was so encouraging. I did not realize just how many people had been following our updates on Facebook and were eager for us to continue ! 

Week 9 starts Monday- Here we go !

Combined total weight loss = 23 


1 comment: