March 9, 2013

Joy

This week I dropped a class, changed my major agian, and molded a another dish in the sink.

This is not joy.

To make matters worse, I felt like my professor was going to revoke my Christian Card because I couldn't correctly articulate the different views of Theology on a study guide. I was not only a failure as a student and a wife but I felt like a failure as a Christian

This is not Joy.

Once I dropped the class and made a new outline for my future, the tension in my shoulders eased for a moment and a smile appeared on my face. I felt the pressure lift off.

But this is not joy either.

I was asked to join a worship team for chapel next week. As homework, I turned on Pandora to work on the harmony. At first I was just reciting words of How He Loves Us. But it did not take long for tears to steam down my face.

"Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though youdo not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious JOY,"- 1 Peter 1:8 


I had been preparing for a future with God without living in the present with HIM.

When I step aside and allow God to rush into my life, I am always shocked when He showers me with blessings. I have had more opportunity this week for ministry then ever before. God presented new horizons for me. And the grocery store had a sale on paper plates.

Things aren't perfect by a worldly standard but since when do I live by their standards ?

This is joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment