April 1, 2013

mess-day: Blessed-Day

What happens when you write about hope hunting ?
God calls you out on it !

This morning was Monday, no April Fools here.

Monday means back to work.
Monday means Spring Break is over.
Monday is where I am put to the test.

I wanted to stay in the cozy comfort of my own mess. I didn't want to deal with anyone else's mess.
And Monday's should just be called "Monday Mess-day."

My first phase of my mornings involve turning the lamp on in the bedroom, and giving myself 10 30 minutes of Facebook, Twitter, and Email time. But this morning my phone was dead and I was very convicted about spending my first moments with Godly wisdom instead of gaudy chaos.

I had a deep desire to dust off an old morning devo.


The passage read: "You yearn for a simplified lifestyle, so that your communication with Me [God] can be uninterrupted. But I challenge you to relinquish the fantasy of an uncluttered world. Accept each day just as it comes and find Me in the midst of it all."

On the way to work, I took that advice. I lifted up in prayer my stresses and worries of the day. I told God about that co-worker that hates me, and that project I had been meaning to get to. I asked for energy and a positive attitude.

Now before bed I'm reflecting on today's events:
That positive attitude continued even through some "unglued" moments.
I may be yawning now, but I did have energy when needed most.
I surprisingly had everything I needed to complete a project !
And that hater was dealt with better than I ever anticipated.


Proverbs 3:6 says,
 
"In all your ways acknowledge Him,
And He will make your paths straight."
 
 
I didn't get me through today. God got me through today. God turned my Mess-Day, into a Blessed Day !  I think it's safe to say I have a new morning routine.
 
Start with God.... And go from there.

No comments:

Post a Comment